Поштовх штанги (Clean & Jerk) - друге змагальна вправа в олімпійській важкій атлетиці, і на описі техніки виконання цієї вправи ми зупинимося детальніше, так як різні підйоми штанги на груди, тяги і ривки виконуються за цим принципом.
The technique of performing the exercise:
Clean & Jerk is the second competitive exercise in Olympic Weightlifting.
- The starting position is similar to Deadlift.
- The barbell is on the floor, bend your knees. Put your heels hip-width apart.
- Take an overhand (or hook) grip – the fingers of the hand cover the thumb.
- The hands at the start should be straight, back straight, shoulders withdrawn slightly forward of the bar, "covering" the bar.
- Look forward.
Performing the exercise:
- Pull the barbell off the ground by keeping your chest up and extending your legs, arms straight and feet flat on the ground. The speed of the bar smoothly increases, and the bar moves very close to the shins.
- Cross the barbell over your knees. And then, the torso and hips start extending to continue pulling the barbell in a vertical motion. The barbell has to touch your thigh as you extend the hips.
- The top pull – a forceful, powerful movement to accelerate the bar. This is done at the expense of the muscles of the back and legs, it must be "explosive".
- After this, drive the barbell upward as you throw your chest up and shrug your shoulders. This movement causes a short, quick jump to continue the vertical movement of the barbell.
- Drop your hips into a squat position. The arms will act to pull you under the barbell and will bend slightly.
- Keep your back straight while squatting.
- The pelvis is pulled back, the hips are pinned to the stomach.
- Immediately get up, keep your torso upright. Catch the barbell in the rack position where the bar sets on the top of your chest and shoulders. Elbows are led forward beyond the bar line, arms are not tense, legs are wider than the shoulders.
- Stand up out of the squat and keep the barbell in the racked position. The look is directed up-and-forth.
- Drop your hips slightly with a short, quick downward movement. This downward movement is about a quarter-squat and builds kinetic energy for the jerk.
- Drive your legs upward with no pause at the bottom.
- Press the barbell above your head and drop your hips again into a quarter-squat. The two movements of moving the barbell vertically while dropping your hips happen simultaneously.
- A common and well-known method is a split jerk - spliting one foot forward and other backward as fast as possible while vigorously extending arms over head.
With caution, perform with trauma or destructive changes in the spine and knee joints.