How to do Stiff Leg Deadlift:
- Stand facing the barbell with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Bend down with your knees and grasp the barbell using an overhand grip (palms facing down) with your hands around shoulder width apart or wider.
- Keeping your back straight stand straight up resting the barbell on your thighs.
- Get set up for the movement by pulling your shoulders back, sticking your chest out, and arching your back slightly.
- Keeping your eyes facing forwards, slowly bend at the hips lowering the barbell straight down close to your body.
- You should feel the stretch in your hamstrings!
- Lower the bar down as far as your hamstrings will let you comfortably.
- Now engage the hamstrings and begin to raise the bar straight back up.
- Your eyes should be facing up and your shoulders back. This will prevent your lower back from rounding.
- Squeeze up through the glutes and hamstrings until you're standing straight up.
- Repeat for desired reps.