Sit-Ups is lifting your upper body from the floor (or from the bench) and up toward the thighs. In this exercise, to increase the load, we use the weight (the barbell). This way of performing will additionally load the muscles of the upper body.
How to do Sit-Ups:
- Sit on the floor with the soles of the shoes touching
- Legs should butterfly out to the side
- Place Abmat on the ground behind you and next to your bottom
- Sit back so the object fills the void of the lower back with the ground
- Bring the arms overhead while lowering to the ground and touch the floor behind
- Using the arms, sit up and touch the feet in front so the torso is at a 90 degree angle to the hip