Before to do L-si pullups you must to matser strict pull ups, and do L-sit position anywhere.
How to do L-Sit Pull Ups:
- Get into a deadhang position while hanging from a pull-up bar – elbows locked and shoulders packed down (i.e. stabilized on your torso).
- Raise your knees so that your thighs are roughly parallel with the ground.
- Then lock your knees and point your toes so that your legs are extended straight in front of you (i.e. making an L-shape with your body).
- Maintain this L-Sit position while performing your pull-ups – making sure to use proper pull-up technique.
- Exhale forcefully and begin to pull yourself up to the bar until your arms are fully flexed – elbows beside your ribs and chin at or above the bar.
- Pause for a moment before slowly lowering yourself down until you reach full elbow lock – inhaling as you descend.
- Repeat for reps.
- Tempo and repetition speed is very important with L-Sit Pull-ups
. - Your reps should be performed slowly, and under control at all times.
- Don’t kip or jerk your way through the movement.
- Be especially sure not to allow your body to jerk down into the bottom, deadhang position.
- The transition to full elbow lock should be smooth and controlled to prevent elbow and shoulder problems.
- Contract your entire core musculature hard when you initiate the pull with a strong exhale – tucking your tailbone forward and rolling your hips up with a slight abdominal crunch
- Squeeze your glutes and thighs and try to keep your knees locked and toes pointed