The sumo deadlift is a legit deadlift variation. In fact, it’s a better option than the conventional deadlift for many who have yet to experience it.
How to do Sumo Deadlift:
- Position feet under bar with very wide stance.
- Squat down with hips low and chest forward.
- With arms extended downward between legs, grasp bar with narrow overhand grip.
- Lift extending hips and knees.
- Continue pulling until body is upright and back
- Allow bar to fall downward.
- Return weight momentarily to floor so body is in original starting position.
- Immediately repeat movement.