The push jerk is a style of jerk infrequently used in competition, and a variation of the jerk commonly used in training by athletes who split jerk primarily.
How t odo Kettlebell Push Jerk:
- Hold a kettlebell in the racked position.
- Squat down ¼ squat and explosively stand back up.
- As soon as you start to stand back up, begin to press the kettlebell overhead, both actions at the same time.
- Instead of locking out your legs and hips and finishing the press, you will dip down slightly again and then drive your with your legs upward to help push up the kettlebell to the lock out position.
- You want to think about getting under the kettlebell, not pressing it up.
- When performing the jerk you use your legs twice.
- Once to drive the kettlebell up from the racked position, and then again, slightly, to finish locking out the kettlebell overhead.