The push jerk is a style of jerk infrequently used in competition, and a variation of the jerk commonly used in training by athletes who split jerk primarily.
How to do dumbbell push jerk:
- Stand with legs a bit wider than your shoulders' width.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand with elbows bent and weights at your shoulders, palms facing inward.
- From the starting position, sit into a slight squat, pressing your hips behind you.
- As you come up out of the squat, do a power "jerk" press, pushing the dumbbells all the way up until your arms are extended straight upward.
- Pause here and slowly bend your elbows to lower back down to the starting position.