GHD Back Extension is an extension of the torso to a horizontal position, performing on Glute Ham Developer (GHD) or any similar equipment. GHD Back Extensions is a great exercise for targeting the gluteus muscles, hamstrings and lower back.
The technique of performing Back Squat:
Back Squat – is one of the best basic movements, which is used to build the total mass and strength of the legs. Despite the fact that the exercise seems simple at the first sight, but it has a lot of features of technique, therefore it is not recommended for beginners to perform back squats without the supervision of the coach.
- Put the bar between your traps and rear shoulders (low bar) or on your traps (high bar).
- Squat with your heels shoulder-width apart. Put your heels under your shoulders.
Performing the exercise:
- Start to squat until your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Look straight or slightly upward to keep you back straingt.
- Keep your knees inline with your feet. Stand shoulder-width apart with your feet 30° out.
- Straighten your legs and return in the starting position.
- Keep your knees out and lower back neutral.
- Keep you whole foot flat on the floor when you squat..
- Your knees should end inline with your feet and almost directly above your toes. Don’t let them be more forward than knees.
- The bar has not to be placed on the neck.
- Raise your chest during moving up.
- Don’t look up. Keep your head inline with torso. It keeps you safe from neck pain and injury.
Not recommended for complicated forms or exacerbation of lumbar hernia or complex forms of diseases of knee joints.