The Muscle Up is a good bodyweight exercise for develop your upper body strength. The Muscle Up can help to build strong chest, arms, back and core muscles.
In the muscle-up, the athlete must begin with or pass through a hang below the rings, with the arms fully extended (with or without a false grip) and the feet off the ground. Thee heels may not rise above the height of the rings during the kip.
The elbows must be fully locked out while in the support position above the rings. Kipping the muscle –up is acceptable, but swings or rolls to support are not permitted. If consecutive kipping muscle-up are preformed, a change of direction below the rings is required.
How to do Rings Muscle Up:
- Start in a dead hang hollow body position with shoulders glued to your ears
- Hands are turned out and in a false grip
- Initiate a kip by swinging feet front and back, and follow swing motion through to hips and then shoulders
- The body should bow from global extension to global flexion
- At the apex of the "from" portion of the swing you will spot the bar, and do the fastest pull that will get your hips to the rings
- Followed immediate by doing a fast sit up into a pike position
- Transition into a dip by sending the head up and over the rings while raising the toes up
- Done correctly, this should lead you into the bottom of a regular ring dip
- Finish with elbows in full lock out and hands with thumbs in the ten & two o'clock position