The Dumbbell Snatch is variation of Snatch but is much easier than a barbell snatch.
How to do dumbbell power snatch:
- Using an overhand grip, grab a dumbbell in one hand and stand with the feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Descend your hips to the floor until your knees are bent at 90-degrees and the dumbbell is resting on the floor.
- Quickly pull the dumbbell toward the ceiling while simultaneously extending your knees and hips and raising your body on the balls of your feet.
- Keep the dumbbell close to your body
- As the dumbbell reaches its highest point, quickly rotate your elbow under the weight and extend your arm.
- The dumbbell will rest over the top of your shoulder with the palm facing away from your body.
- Keep the dumbbell as close to your body as possible throughout the entire movement.
- The movement starts with your hips and glutes. Thrust them forward to help raise the dumbbell above your head.
- Avoid swinging the dumbbell away from the body.