The Dumbbell Snatch is variation of Snatch but is much easier than a barbell snatch.
How to do Dumbbell Snatch:
- Using an overhand grip, grab a dumbbell in one hand and stand with the feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Descend your hips to the floor until your knees are bent at 90-degrees and the dumbbell is resting on the floor.
- Quickly pull the dumbbell toward the ceiling while simultaneously extending your knees and hips and raising your body on the balls of your feet.
- Keep the dumbbell close to your body.
- As the dumbbell reaches its highest point, quickly rotate your elbow under the weight and extend your arm.
- The dumbbell will rest over the top of your shoulder with the palm facing away from your body.